Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Work

Jan 29: 11:00-12:30 and 4:45ish to 6:45ish.

Worked a total of 3 and a half hours animating Toothy. I finished the first part where he appears on frame and says he has a new toothpaste to try.
I am quite happy so far. It's coming out just how I want it to, but that's just the first 7 seconds, there's plenty left to do.
Since I am not in the frame on this particular shot, I just have toothy over a photo of the bathroom. It's good that I did this instead of waiting to put Toothy on the footage because I realized it looks a little off having a cartoon character on a photo. I fixed this by adding subtle little differences in the characters brightness and tint so he looks like he is actually there in 3D space.

I'll work more tomorrow. Maybe on the last part of the commercial, I'm not sure yet.
And I think I'll get the footage with my camera on Monday, sometime when there's no one around to hear me talking to a floating tooth in the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment