Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rethinking Everything

    After having had an evaluation last night and the heart of my project ripped out and left flopping around all bloody on the floor, I have thought of something new to do for my senior project.
    But, I'm getting ahead of myself. This all requires some explanation. Basically, everything I had my doubts on in my story will now be erased from history due to encouragement from Montserrat faculty to do so. There shall now be a minimal plot at best. No camera to go after, no reason for the hare to dress up as the sheep, and no hint of there ever having been a wolf or some antagonist other than a mischievous sheep.
    That's right, my entire story shall now focus and the race and only the race between the tortoise, hare, and dog. Look back at a post a made a while back where I linked to a video of Tom and Jerry. What do the Tom and Jerry cartoons benefit from that mine project so far has not? They have no backstory!
    This entire time I was setting up a reason for the tortoise to have to race the hare, but it turns out nobody needs to give a crap! Everyone knows what Tom and Jerry do, just as every knows what Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner do. They torment each other and you know nothing else about them except for their interactions with each other and that's all that is necessary to make a few gags.
    Now that I have been enlightened to the fact that what I usually care about most is completely meaningless to everyone else, it's quite a load off my back. I can get to writing out all the jokes that play out between the characters as they race.
    All you need to know now is that the tortoise, hare, and dog are racing, seeming to have no prior conflict with each other. The hare is not dressed up as the sheep, and none of them are aware that the sheep has it out for them as they race. The sheep will be trying to put an end to all of them because for some reason the race rules did not allow sheep to enter. That's it. Nothing else to it.
    Now I have a storyboard to do in under a week, so please excuse me...

No comments:

Post a Comment