Thursday, October 6, 2011

YouTube Vs. Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/user8800721

I now have a Vimeo account where I will be posting only animations, unlike my YouTube channel, which has a mix of things.
So far, I have uploaded from my earliest animations to "The True Intentions Of Cake Baby".
Already I have a problem with Vimeo in that I only get 500MB upload space a week.
Some of my animations are more than 1GB, will I ever be able to upload them?

Oh well. I'm used to programs screwing me over, so why not the internet too?

Speaking of video services, on my YouTube animation "One Point Of Many" (which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC2IOgk-9xQ) a company called The Orchard Music decided to file a copyright claim on a song used in the piece that is completely of my own creation.

My music must just be so awesome that everyone wants to steal it from me. I really can't think of any other logical explanation. So +1 to my ego.

The video is still up on YouTube, but how greedy must a company be to file a copyright claim on something that isn't there's. They're obviously just picking on the weak (that's me)for the money, as they now are able to post advertisements on my video.


In any case, I filed a dispute, so I can't wait to see how that goes.

The point here is that I have not yet found a perfect way to display my work.
Vimeo implies that it is for more serious filmmakers, as you actually can pay for an advanced version of it and then be able to upload as much as you want, but there's no way I'm paying for that.
YouTube on the other hand, has a much better interface, and I don't have to pay. However, YouTube is also full of idiots. Go to any YouTube video and look at the highest rated comments and try to tell me I'm wrong.


I may go looking for other services to host my videos in the future, but I think I've had enough of this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment