Sunday, September 25, 2011

Initial Sketches

The first sketches for my final project were all over the place, including having the characters be human, robots, switching roles, or entirely different animals. 
This was before I had decided on which of the Aesop's Fables I am doing.

This was the first tortoise I drew, and it was so much fun to draw I knew I had to use something similar for the final design.

The hare is quite obnoxious here.

The tortoise and hare as humans.



From the beginning I was sure I had to make fun of the morals of the story.


The wolf as a woman wearing sheep's clothing.



This would've been interesting, but not fun to draw all the time




The note to myself says that this scenario would be harder to do with no dialogue.

The wolf running a sheep's clothing store



Yes, that is indeed a duck wearing a cat


While sketching I had a feeling that I would end up combining the two stories since I was having so much fun drawing both. A discussion in class came to the same conclusion, and there we have it. That's how my final began.

No comments:

Post a Comment